Saturday, June 20, 2009

The worst sports time of the year...

Unfortunately, I've neglected to post during one of the best times of the sports year (April/May/some of June) and now have resumed at one of the most boring and somewhat annoying times.

To ease the boredom, I've been watching some FIFA soccer. I really am getting into it, but I cannot STAND that South African instrument (whatever it's called) that they play in the background. I feel like I'm walking into a beehive instead of watching a football/soccer match. It's terribly frustrating, and I start to go nuts, and then completely lose focus on what's actually going on in the game. Is that the goal? I mean, are the South Africans trying to distract everyone so they win? Clearly, it didn't work today, and they lost to Spain. 

I'm trying to bum a way into the NBA Draft on Thursday. Not sure why. But I think I would like to be there. Maybe I just want to catch a glimpse of Ricky Rubio. Maybe. I don't usually think athletes are attractive, but wow. Yeah. I want the Knicks to trade up for him. It won't happen, but a girl can dream about having Ricky Rubio in her city, right?

And I digress...

I honestly have no idea who anyone is going to draft. I'm not going to sit here and even try to guess, cause its too crazy. Teams all lie, and if you don't actually see the workouts, who even knows? I've learned from the Raiders never to guess, ever, who anyone is going to draft. I've lost too many times at draft drinking games trying to guess who's going next, then I get too drunk to comprehend the rest of the draft. So none of that this year. 

Yes...that's what I said. Draft drinking games. You heard me. Try it sometime if you haven't. It's a doozy.

Still upset about LeBron not getting his ring this year. And all I have are those ridiculous puppet commercials to console me. 

So yes, I've been frequenting Twitter more lately, trying to find myself a following. It seems to be going well. If you aren't already following me, or you know someone who could benefit many times daily from my various sports fan tweets, check out www.twitter.com/throwlikeagirl.    

Now go watch My Morning Jacket on Austin City Limits. Cause that's what I'm doing...





No comments:

Post a Comment