Friday, February 20, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my first foray into sports journalism! 

And also the first supplemental addition to my graduate school application.

Why this blog, you ask?  The answer is simple. Male commentators in sports piss me off. Seriously. At any given time, in my apartment, you would be able to come in and find me yelling some obscenities at my most maligned sportscasters disagreeing with something silly they have said.

I feel many men in sports broadcasting feel like they have free reign and don't have informed opinions. They seem to believe their opinion is word.

News flash. It is not.

That means you, Tony Kornheiser.

Know-it-all male chauvinists just do not impress me. So, I'm here to add a new perspective to sports opinion and commentary. Hopefully, one day in the near future, you will see me with my own show on ESPN. But we all must start somewhere, right? Men are not the only ones capable of understanding and talking about sports, and I'm here doing my part to prove that. I hope to expose that sometimes the men who think they know it all are, to put it bluntly, idiots.

I'll be writing about many different sports, their teams and the players. I'll also have a lot to say about news and various developments daily. I stand behind all my opinions and commentary, and I welcome informed, persuasive arguments and comments of many kinds. I will defend anything and everything I say on here, and I will not run and hide like a five-year-old if I happen to be wrong about something I say. I'm not Skip Bayliss. 

So, with that, let the sports blogging begin! Happy reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment